The purpose of the Community Services Block Grant programs is to assist communities in reducing poverty, revitalizing low-income communities and empowering low-income families to become self-sufficient. CSBG also brings community awareness to the struggles that low-income families face each day through poverty simulations for area organizations.
• Low-Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program helps low-income families pay their heating bills.
• Emergency Food and Shelter Program
• CHOICES provides case management services to help clients become more self-sufficient by obtaining job skills, financial literacy education and linking clients to other community resources.
• Educational Scholarship Program assists low-income individuals with their educational goals.
• Food Pantries alleviate one stressor that low-income families face regularly